Supernatural Phenomenon

The house I grew up in was over two hundred years old. There were newer additions added to the house but the older parts were made of logs with mortar in-between these logs that had horsehair as part of the mixture. This house sent chills down my spine every time I came through the door. I always knew something was happening there, but my parents never believed me when I tried to tell them what was going on. Growing up in this house has left me with some very interesting stories. On hot summer days, there would be cold drafts. Sweet smells of perfume flowed through the air like birds in the sky. Objects would move and sway all by themselves, and I even put my hand under them to check for wires. When no one else was around you would hear the sound of footsteps over squeaky floors. Out of all these strange occurrences there are two incidents that I will never forget.

I was laying in my bed fast asleep then a most unusual sensation come over my body and awoke me. I was lying on my back with my head turned towards the right. When I opened my eyes I heard the creak of the opening attic door in my bedroom. I saw a white, transparent, humanly figure appear in the doorway looking at me with a smile. It floated slowly across my bedroom. The door to exit my room then creaked as it opened and the humanly figure was gone. Lying there

unable to believe my eyes, I tried calling out to my mother. I realized that I was unable to move, speak, or call out for help. I was totally paralyzed in my bed until the figure was gone and out of my sight. .

During the summers my cousin Chris would spend the night with me. When he arrived, he leaned toward me and asks if the weird sightings were still happening. After we ate dinner we headed up to my room. My room was a typical teenager\'s room with papers, clothes and other debris on the floor. One night while we were in our beds with the lights off talking, then we heard the sounds of footsteps, which made the papers on the floor crinkle. We both immediately stopped talking.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Yes I did, where is the cat?" he said.

"The cat is outside," I replied.

The crinkling footsteps stopped when Chris and I began talking. Once we realized the cat was not making the noise we returned to our beds as fast as we could get there. We lay there silently uncertain as to what we should do. Chris finally got up enough courage to run across the room and turn on the light switch, but right as Chris flipped the switch the light burnt out. We tried to sleep the rest of the night with our flashlights on, and to tell the truth I did not get any sleep at all. The next morning we found the papers that were stepped on, and to our surprise the

papers had footprints on them. Knowing that we could not have proven anything we threw the papers away.

After all of these years, my mind is unable to forget these two supernatural phenomenons. I will always wonder, who were these visitors of mine? Why did they make their presence known to me? These experiences make for great stories when people find out that I actually lived in a haunted house. I still live there to this day and every dark cold night I hear more haunting sounds. I learned that a person should never underestimate the unknown, because I did and these ghostly experiences are permanently burned into my brain.