This essay STRATEGIES FOR SPEAKING and WRITING on a GIVEN SUB has a total of 550 words and 6 pages.
STRATEGIES FOR SPEAKING and WRITING on a GIVEN SUBJECT
The Importance of Television
1. Introduce general topic (TV)
2. Narrow down topic (household without TV?)
3. Restate question (TV importance)
4. State thesis (valuable programs, content, purposes)
Paragraph 1 (Types of programs)
1. Topic sentence (topic and controlling idea: many program types)
2. Supporting ideas (list some types)
3. Details (function)
Paragraph 2 (Character of content)
1. Topic sentence (topic and controlling idea: what makes content
2. Supporting ideas (realistic, etc.)
3. Details (value for viewers)
Paragraph 3 (serves many purposes in daily life)
1. Topic sentence (topic and controlling idea: how does TV meet people's
2. Supporting ideas (people's needs)
3. Details (specific functions)
1. Restate thesis (controlling idea of essay: valuable programs,
2. Restate each topic sentence from developmental paragraphs (program
types, character of content, what TV offers)
3. State your opinion/ preference; give solution; make prediction... (TV
vital and integral)
4. Final statement (summing thought: education, awareness)
I. Today it is very common in industrialized countries for a household
to have at least one television. In fact, it is so common that it is
difficult to imagine a household without TV. This shows just how important
television is. To understand how important television is, we can look at
the variety of programs and valuable content it offers and the purposes it
serves in daily life.
II. First of all, there are many different types of programs on
television. The viewer can watch a weather report to prepare for the day.
Cartoons and sport provide relaxation and fun. School programs,
documentaries and the news teach us about the world. And advertisements
inform us about products and new ideas.
Secondly, the content is very appealing because it is realistic and up
to date. As TV is a medium that combines moving, color images and sound, it
resembles real life, so the viewers can identify with what they see.
Furthermore, modern technology means that the content is up to date, for
example, news reports can be broadcast live and from all over the world.
This means that information is available almost anywhere at any time.
Finally, TV can be used to enhance many important aspects of everyday
life. People seek entertainment and distraction, and TV can give us that in
the form of films or cartoons. People want education, information and
instruction because they are inquisitive and like to learn. TV gives us
these in documentaries or educational programs, in reports or cultural
magazines. People enjoy creativity, and TV gives us that in the work of all
the people involved in creating clever film scripts, effective scenery,
witty dialogues or magnificent camera shots. TV gives us the world, other
cultures, other people, languages and ideas. It introduces us to knowledge.
III. As we have seen, television offers us a wide range of valuable
programs and content and serves many purposes in our daily lives. TV not
only provides many types of programs with interesting and broad content,
but also serves to fulfill our needs in terms of entertainment and
knowledge. TV is an integral and vital medium today. It can contribute
positively to the education of society and people's awareness of others,
and it will continue to have a strong influence for many years to come.
Topics Related to STRATEGIES FOR SPEAKING and WRITING on a GIVEN SUB