"Has been a lifesaver so many times!"
- Catherine Rampell, student @ University of Washington
"Exactly the help I needed."
- Jennifer Hawes, student @ San Jose State
"The best place for brainstorming ideas."
- Michael Majchrowicz, student @ University of Kentucky
One thing that happened to me in my life that I will remember for the rest of my life, when I was 10 years old it was the summer of 1997. It was a hot day and all my friends were busy. I was to so bored that day that I had to go outside, so I told my mom that I was going to my friends house, but I just ended up just walking down this alley way. I was just wondering around when I was a something a straw, it was a hypothermic needle. I was only 10 plus I was very bored so I was like cool a needle and I started to play with it to keep myself entertained. I was pushed the syringe up and down but I didnít realize it was dangerous until I sting my finger with the needle. I was stunned about what had just happened. I saw blood coming out of the tip of my finger and knew that it wasnít a good thing to happen. I was confused, I just stared at my finger for like 10 minutes thinking what to do, I said to myself if I tell my parents I will get whipped and get in big trouble and if I donít say any thing I will probably get sick. After all that sitting and all that thinking I realized what to do, I called my friend who wanted to be a doctor when he grows up, so I called him and told him what had happened. My friend met up with me and took me to a pharmacy and told the pharmacist and she called my mom. My mom came and the pharmacist told her what had happened. I immediately was taken to the hospital tested for any to toxic substances that might have gone in to my system.
While doing those test I realized how serious this was started fearing for my life, so I started to cry. After like 300 tests they found that everything was negative and that nothing toxic went in to my system. They sent me home and then my parent gave me a beat down. I was like grounded for like 2 months; I was in my room for weeks thinking about what could have happened to me if I hadnít told someone about what had happened. The only thing that I think about that my friend who took me to the pharmacy to help me and I didnít even thank him for that. Looking back at the dumb things I did, I regret them and they would have cost me a lot in my life, I am thankful that I have and had parents and friends that helped me and gave me advice when I do stupid things. I learned from all this that you live and learn and you sometimes need to think about what youíre doing.
View Full Essay