In The Hot Zone, here is a Frenchman named Charles Monet who was a loner. He lived in a wooden bungalow on the lands of a Sugar Factory in Western Kenya. He came into Kenya around 1979, when HIV made a final breakout from the rainforests of central Africa and began its long burn through the human race. He carried a sick bird into his house and the bird died of a Biohazard Level 4 virus. One cold morning, Monet and his friend drove up the mountainside and parked below a cave. They hiked up the valley, and to the cave. They sat at the opening and spent the day there. That night, still in the cave, they decided to explore they found a broken pillar and thought that the ceiling would come down at any minute. They quickly hurried out of that cave and left for home.

Later on, a human virus “bomb” explodes. Monet crashed and bled out, or “went down”. He becomes dizzy and weak, his spine goes limp and nerveless and he loses all sense of balance. He goes into shock, leans over, and head on his knees, opens his mouth, brings an incredible amount of blood from his stomach and spills it right there on the floor with a gasping groan. Nurses and aides come running to help him, and they lifted him off the floor, and wheeled him into intensive care. A doctor found Monet lying on the gurney, and assumed that he was having a massive hemorrhage.

Brain Damage. His nose and mouth were bloody. Dr. Musoke slid a laryngoscope down his throat. Monet couldn’t bear the feeling and vomited. His airways were bloody. Monet was in shock from blood loss. A nurse brought a full bag of pure blood. Musoke inserted the needle into Monet’s arm, and hung the bag on a stand. There was something wrong with his veins, his blood came out around the needle. The Doctor tried again, but the same thing happened. His veins split like cooked macaroni.

In 1987, a nurse caught the virus now named “Ebola”. The secret hiding spot of the virus Marburg was unknown. After erupting in Monet and Musoke, it dropped out of sight. On the second day of September 1987, Eugene Johnson, the civilian biohazard expert attached to USAMRIID, stood in an arrival area outside the Customs gate at Dulles International Airport. He was waiting for a flight from Amsterdam, which carried a passenger from Kenya. The man from Kenya carried Blood samples from a ten year old boy who died a day or so earlier from what was suspected to be a Level 4 Biohazardous virus.

November 30, Thursday Dan Dalgard woke up, he had made the decision to invite the army to clean up room H where the outbreak seemed to be centered. He telephoned C. J. Peters and gave the army permission to enter the monkey house. The news that they had the green light for a biohazard operation spread immediately through