By Eddy Arevalo

We were going to Las Vegas for vacation. I was looking foward to having

a lot of fun there. When we finally got to Las Vegas,it felt like an oven jacked up all the way.

When we got to the room it felt like when you open a refrigerator. Then we went to see all the

major attractions, like Cesar's Palace, this was one of my favorites because when you go inside

the roof looks like the sky inside of a building. I also took some pictures in front of the hotel near

the water fountain. The MGM Grand was my second favorite because when you go inside it this

thing were you go in and walk around and see the play Wizard of Oz. I also liked thePyramid

because outside the is this image of a persons face that appears on the splashing water. That

image was all done with Lazers. Las Vegas is a nice place to see a lot of cool hotels and sites.

Then it was even better because it was at night and all the hotels were lit up. It looked like it was

Christmas everyday there. Every single hotel was lit up of all different pictures. We had fun

seeing that but it was time to go back to the hotel room.

When we got back the front desk informed us that somebody had called from San

Fransisco. We all had an idea of what it was about. My mom and grandma were both sobbing.

They were crying in way that didn't show. My dad and I felt very sad even though we didn't

know my grandpa very well. Before we had gone to Las Vegas we sat down with my aunt and my

mom said " if anything happened to my grandpa to call us at the hotel room." When we heard

that they had called we were all sweating as if it was raining right above us. When we called

back it seemed like an eternity. My mom called, you could hear every button that she punched

in. We also could hear the ringing from the call. Finally, my aunt picked up and started talking to

my mom about how they called from Lima, Peru saying that my grandpa was waiting to die until

they got there. So that same night we called Hertz and said that we had to get back to San

Fransico and we were going to leave the car tomorrow. There was a big fit because my dad had

already paid for three days but we only used it one day. And my dad couldn't get his money

back. The same night they called from San Fransisco we called United Airlines saying that we

needed to go on an emergency flight to San Fransisco. They told us that they didn't have flight

until 6:45 at night.

After we got everything settled we had to go to sleep so that we could get up early to go

to the airport. I think that no one slept except for me and I only slept for a few hours. I was

listening to my parents conversation about who was going to Peru to see my grandpa before he

passes away. I was thinking how the situation was going to be solved. My dad said "I can't go

because someone has to stay with Eddy."I can go with Teresa (my aunt)." My grandma said "I

don't know if I could go because of my high blood pressure." Before they made their final

decision they thought that I would go with my mom and aunt because my grandma has high

blood pressure. Finally my mom said "I will go with Teresa and my mom." I would stay with my

dad and they would go because I had seen him that same year when I was at Peru.

When I woke up the next morning at 5:38 in the morning, my parents were all ready to

go. My parents looked like people who hadn't slept for a few days. Since the earliest flight we

could go on was at 6:45 P.M. we had excepted. We gathered up all our luggage and threw it into