BREAST FEEDING BENEFIT OR BUST?
"Has been a lifesaver so many times!"
- Catherine Rampell, student @ University of Washington
"Exactly the help I needed."
- Jennifer Hawes, student @ San Jose State
"The best place for brainstorming ideas."
- Michael Majchrowicz, student @ University of Kentucky
BREAST FEEDING "BENEFIT OR BUST?"
· Get sick less often and get illnesses that are less severe
· Are hospitalized less often and have a lower rate of mortality
· Have a lower risk of diarrheal disease
· Have a lower incidence of gastrointestinal illness
· Lave a lower incidence of respiratory disease
· Have a lower incidence of otitis media (ear infections)
· Have a lower incidence of allerfies
· Lave lower rates of obesity
· Have a lower incidence of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
· Have fewer learning and behavioral difficulties
· Have a lower rate of pneumonia and neonatal sepsis
· Helps bond mother and child
· Confers passive immunity
· Is protective against measles and other communicable diseases
· Provides optimal growth and neurological development
· Prevents malocclusion / leads to better teeth / jaw development
· Protects against hypothermia
· Provides partial protection against bacteremia and meningitis
· Reduces the incidence of childhood lymphoma
· Enhances visual development
· Provides protection against neonatal sepsis
· Is less risky for premature babies and low birth weight babies
Artificially fed babies (bottle feeding)
· Have an increase risk factor for juvenile diabetes
· May have impaired antibody response to vaccines
View Full Essay
Medicine, RTT, Childhood, Health, Neonatology, Infancy, Midwifery, Pediatrics, Breastfeeding, Sepsis, Sudden infant death syndrome, Diarrhea
More Free Essays Like This